The TrekDesk treadmill desk is a high-end adjustable standing desk that you can use with a treadmill. However, it costs much less than it’s competitors (less than $500).
If you’ve shopped around for a treadmill desk, you already know that they typically range between $800 and $1500 – so the TrekDesk is quite a savings.
Long Story Short:
In my opinion, this is a highly functional and convenient piece of office equipment. It’s well designed and therefore very user friendly.
The bottom line is that the more you enjoy your workspace, the more work you get done and the faster you do it. Not only can this “walkstation” work style help you focus more and work more efficiently, it can help you walk off those pounds, quit hunching at your desk and get your work done all at the same time.
This Wrap-Around Workstation Provides Lots of Space:
I like this walking workstation because of its wrap-around shape. It essentially gives you more desk space without having to reach. You can have a phone on one side and a note pad on another. Therefore, you don’t clutter the work space in front of you where you can fit multiple computers if you want. (By the way, the desk holds up to 55 lbs of stuff!)
The desk also includes convenient cup holders, a 3-compartment stacking organizer and a book stand for propping up books, tablets, etc… Not only do these accessories help you stay organized, they increase your available tabletop space. Talk about being efficient!
Note: Keep in mind that a big desk doesn’t always mean lots of usable space. If you have to constantly reach for your phone or files, you’ll end up being frustrated – especially if you are trying to walk on a treadmill at the same time.
The TrekDesk is Completely Adjustable…
The desktop can be raised and lowered (comfortably fits people between 5’4″ and 6’4″ in height). This is important for people who are looking for a treadmill desk to help them relieve/avoid back pain. Walking can be great for backs – but if you are hunching over or straining to reach your computer all day, this is not great for backs (or necks).
In addition, you can position the desk over your treadmill where it most comfortable (forward or backward). You don’t want your feet hitting the front of the treadmill or falling off the back, so a movable desk helps you avoid these issues.
Note: If your machine has a long belt, this may not matter. However, if the belt is short (less than 40″ long, positioning can make a difference in comfort).
You Can Even Stick this Desk in a Closet!
Yes – you can can fold this desk and get it out of the way if you need to. Don’t be fooled though! This heavy duty desk is tough without being heavy =).
I know that many people look for a treadmill that easily folds up, Plus, they want to store it under a bed or in a closet where you don’t see it. Well, now you can hide your desk too. This is a convenient option if you need to move your desk to make space for overnight guests or you want to take your work outside for the day, etc..
Possible Downsides of the TrekDesk Treadmill Desk?
1. The TrekDesk provides a lot of workspace, we’ve covered that. However, that means you need space to put it. If you don’t have much square footage, don’t choose this desk.
2. The TrekDesk lacks style. Although highly functional, if you want a savvy, sophisticated piece of home office furniture or it will be located in a highly visible office area, you may be better off going with something else.
3. Some users report that the desk wobbles on the sides while others say they don’t experience any wobbling. You can fix this by the positioning the desk against a wall or in a corner or a room.
4. This treadmill desk does not come with the treadmill (treadmill desks are typically sold separately from treadmills).
- Desk Size: 74 inches by 34 inches
- Height Adjustable: 46.5 to 56.5 inches
- Weight: 58 pounds
- Compatible with most treadmills
- 2-year warranty
- Powder coated steel frame and steel reinforced HDPE desktop
- Comes with: manuscript stand, 2 cup holders, 3-section file tray